The VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering is an occupational qualification that provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as an employed and/or self-employed barber able to work on hair combining a variety of different technical skills.
VTCT Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
VTCT Code: HB3N1
Qualification Number: 601/5888/8
Duration: 6-8 Months
Learners must complete all the units named below:
- Provide client consultation services (UHB30)
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques (UHB35)
- Design and create a range of facial hair shapes (UHB36)
- Provide shaving services (UHB37)
- Hair colour correction services (UHB51)
- Colour and lighten men's hair (UHB58)
- Design and create patterns in hair (UHB59)
Age: 16 +
- This qualification is ideal for those who hold a hairdressing or barbering qualification and work in a commercial barbershop/salon.
Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to become a State Registered Barber (SRB) with The Hairdressing Council.
Whilst this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare you for employment as a senior barber/men's hairdresser you may choose to complement your skills base or become a specialist in a particular field of hairdressing by undertaking advanced specialist qualifications at Level 4:
- VTCT Level 4 Award in Creative Male Grooming
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Salon Management
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Specialist Hair and Scalp Services
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Hair Colour Correction
Fees & Funding
Course Fees: £3,345.00
At NLET, we give you as many options as possible to help you fund your course fees.
Option 1: Upfront Fee
Secure your place with a deposit, pay your balance 1 month before your course begins.
Option 2: Instalment Plan
Secure your place with a deposit, pay your balance via monthly instalments spread across the course length. Please be aware there is a 10% instalment fee applicable to this option.
Option 3: 19+ Advanced Learner Loan (Student Loan)
You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of your course. Loan eligibility does not depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
NLET is an Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) approved prime contractor for Advanced Learner Loans. If you choose this option, we will check your eligibility and issue you all the necessary documents to enable you to apply for the loan.
Check if you’re eligible before you apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
If you would like to discuss a payment option, please call us on 020 8570 7766 or write to email@example.com.